Third OWI in Oakland County
Call (248) 440-7936 to Let Our Firm Fight for You
If you have been charged with a third DUI/OWI in Michigan, a conviction can lead to extremely harsh penalties. However, having an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side can help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
At Fraiberg & Pernie, we have 35 years of collective legal experience providing our clients with effective and personalized legal solutions for the most complex criminal cases. Our legal team consists of a former prosecutor and former police officer, which gives our clients an advantage in the courtroom and throughout the legal process.
Third OWI & OWVI Penalties
While a first or second OWI or OWVI are generally misdemeanor offenses, a third offense will be charged as a felony offense.
A third OWI conviction can result in the following penalties:
- 1 to 5 years imprisonment
- Possible probation
- A minimum 30 days in jail
- 60 to 180 days community service
- Fines not exceeding $5,000
- License plate confiscation
- Vehicle immobilization for 1 to 3 years
- Possible vehicle forfeiture
- Vehicle registration denial
- 6 points added to the offender's driving record
- Driver Responsibility Fee of $1,000
- Possible SOS penalties, which may include driver's license revocation and denial if there are 2 convictions within 7 years or 3 convictions within 10 years. The minimum period of revocation and denial is 1 year (minimum of 5 years if there was a prior revocation within 7 years)
Ready to Provide Experienced Legal Help Today!
Our legal team can put that knowledge to work for you. We know how important it is to act quickly in these matters, and we offer clients same-day appointments and no-cost case consultations.
For more information about third OWI cases in Michigan, contact us immediately and request a free consultation.